Fire Safety visit with Kayla at Penrith
Published - 06/20/2021
Author - Enliven Housing
Fire + Rescue NSW have a Community Outreach Program, so we took advantage of them to come and speak to our tenants at Penrith about what “sheltering in place” looks like and how Fire + Rescue would rescue tenants if the situation required.
They also checked out the new building and to check documentation was correct and that hydrants and mains were as per the plans.
Super helpful and we got showbags and advice to “keep lookin when cookin”.
At Enliven Housing we take risk seriously and we work closely with many tenants who are living independently for the first time. We want to make sure they know how to direct their supports to undertake work that in a family home or group home might have been undertaken by others with no prompting or input from the tenant at all.
An example of some of these chores are:
- Vacuuming around the uninterruptible power supply (UPS) (so the device does not get dusty, overheat and cause a fire).
- Cleaning the lint filter in the tumble drier (another potential fire hazard)
- Cleaning fat and oil from the exhaust fan area over the cooktop
Thank you to the team from Fire + Rescue NSW for a great job.
#Fire #Community #Sydney
Speak to our team
Related Blog Posts
Jennifer’s life took a surprising turn over 35 years ago when she was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis (MS). Her challenges…
No one should ever feel as though they’re trapped by their living environment or forced to live in a place…